Job Title: Production Technician III
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Seniority Level: Mid-level
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Job Functions: Operations/Manufacturing
Under general supervision, organize, and conduct the daily operations of the production/service department. Perform related work as assigned; overtime may be required. Ensure that delivery and quality targets are achieved in accordance with established objectives.
In this role, you will produce new units as well as conduct repairs. Repair activities include: evaluating, estimating, and performing the repair, modification or overhaul of customer returned units to manufacturing specifications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Retrieve BOM’s / drawings and ability to read, understand, and follow manuals blueprints, and all written work instructions and procedures in English.
- Work as part of a team to achieve company goals
- Manage work area in accordance to 5S principals.
- Apply continuous improvement techniques to the work area.
- Set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies for form, fit, and function.
- Programmable auto-testers, oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies and special test fixtures.
- Record, analyze and present test data.
- Train and mentor other technicians.
- Work with Supply Chain to ensure that shipping goals are attained.
- Assembling units and repairing parts—including soldering, potting, mechanical assembly, and testing as required.
- Diagnostic testing, evaluating, troubleshooting, and estimating the time and parts that are required to complete the repair, modification, or overhaul.
- Support the RMA process which include, but are not limited to, receiving parts into ERP System, contacting customers with evaluation disposition, etc.
- Assist with the creation of procedures, forms, reports, etc.
- Assist in the evaluation of prototype products prior to production runs and perform qualification tests and prepare reports prior to release of new products.
- Must understand and be able to apply basic inspection and testing techniques, including various types of sampling plans; must be able to read and interpret blueprints (drawings), including dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and responsibilities based on Management needs.
• Five (5) or more years of experience in a production environment including three (3) years of experience in assembly operations and related work.
• AS degree in Technical discipline or equivalent education and quality experience.
• Ability to read, interpret, and comprehend all levels (except schematic) of engineering drawings.
• Computer literate and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Current experience in the overhaul, modification, and repair of electronic components. Able to use hand tools, soldering irons, and all bench test equipment.
Must be a US Person under International Traffic in Arms Regulations(ITAR) to be eligible.
Radio Hill Technologies requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment. Ongoing random drug tests may be conducted.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Radio Hill Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.